You own or manage a WordPress blog , hosted on a server maintained by a service provider or by yourself .
At the cost of many hours of full-time work or your free time , you have added quality articles .
In addition , you rolled up your sleeves and did not hesitate to improve your knowledge of SEO to make the positioning of your pages in the search results ( SERPs ) better .
The time has come to make this blog ( so hard to create ) profitable , by monetizing it with ads .
For your convenience , many WordPress themes have predefined ad slots .
In general , you can insert ads using either widgets or by selecting “Appearance” , then “Customize” menus of your blog dashboard .
However , with this type of configuration …
How do you plan to insert ads before or after a post ?
How do you plan to insert ads before or after any paragraph or image ?
How do you plan to bypass Adblockers ?
How do you plan to vary your offers according to visitors’ country or access device ?
How do you plan to reconcile advertising management and caching ?
This article brings you answers to all these questions .
It helps you find the WordPress plugins that let you implement a flexible , effective and profitable advertising management .
Well , let’s discover the list of plugins I selected for you !
Jetpack by WordPress.com
This plugin ( developed by The “Automattic” team and contributors ) has a management interface allowing you to deal with both AdSense , Facebook or Amazon ads , among others .
As a point of interest , setting up this tool also enables you to improve :
- the security of your WordPress blog , by providing protection against various computer attacks ( such as Brute force )
- the performance of your blog . To that end , a range of tools will help you to decrease your pages load times , reduce your bandwidth use or optimize your images , for instance
Ad Inserter – Ad Manager & AdSense Ads
This plugin developed by Igor Funa allows you to precisely define where you want to place your ads .
For that , you just have to indicate before or after which key elements of your Web site you want to insert them .
These key elements can be , for example :
- a post
- a page
- an excerpt
- a paragraph
- an image
It has many advanced features , such as :
- Ad blocking
- the creation of Black / White-lists of categories , tags or URLs
AdSense Plugin WP QUADS
This application created by Rene Hermeneau allows you to :
- assign specific or random Ads blocks to a given position
- manage your Ads visibility as for your blog homepage , categories , archives and tags . You can also hide them depending on whether the user is logged in or not .
It should be noted that advanced features include :
- hiding Ads from Ajax requests to prevent them from being loaded uselessly
- creating ads.txt file automatically , then checking it
- customizing your post editor with “Quicktags” buttons that let you insert tags in your post , on the fly
Advanced Ads – Ad Manager & AdSense
This tool developed by Thomas Maier helps you to create Ad blocks , in several ways .
That is , for instance , by copying and pasting into these blocks :
- a classic script , as for an Amazon or a Google AdSense code , for instance
- a shortcode
You can also create Ad groups , Image Ads , placeholder Ads ( useful for testing quickly ) or set up AdSense Auto Ads ( in other words , Ads that adapt to your WordPress blog )
Hustle – Pop-Ups , Slide-ins and Email Opt-ins
This plugin created by WPMU DEV makes it possible for you to :
- collect your users E-mails and publicize your offers with CTA ( Call-To-Action ) and all that , without affecting user experience
- embed promotions or a newsletter form , in your content , by means of shortcodes
- Create a social sharing module that lets you choose ( among 13 social networks ) the platform you want to display
AdRotate Banner Manager
Among the many benefits of this software , developed by Arnan de Gans , is the ability to :
- define roles ( Administrator , SEO editor , SEO manager and so on … ) and corresponding access rights
- generate stats reports about impressions and clicks of users ( whether they are logged in or not ) , while filtering bots
- send you notifications to warn you that ads are about to expire
- take into account plugins for Caching ( like W3 Total Cache )
It should be noted that Geo targeting is also available in Premium version .
This extension made by Namith Jawahar gives you the opportunity of :
- Inserting Ads in key parts of your website , like posts , widgets and themes
- showing ads of different sizes
- setting up several Ad networks
- managing ads.txt , a file that helps to fight against advertising fraud
WPAdverts – Classifieds Plugin
The key characteristic of this extension , created by Greg Winiarski , is its capacity to insert classifieds Ads into your website .
This tool has also advanced features that allows you to :
- let users post classifieds ads and be charged for that
- send promotional e-mails , created from customized templates
Woody ad snippets – insert any code , text or ads by conditions
In Computer Science , a snippet is a small code that you can reuse in larger programs or modules .
This extension , made by Will Bontrager , aims to facilitate the creation of this code which can be of different kinds .
- a CSS code to customize your WordPress theme
- a formatted text for inserting shortcodes
- a HTML code for inserting HTML tags quickly
- a PHP code for inserting functions , variables and methods declarations
- a universal code to insert any kind of code mentioned above
This is an add-on , written by Quicksense , that lets you :
- put Ads in header or footer part of your blog
- place up to 10 AdSense Ads on a page
- assign a position to both Ads ( whether random or not , whether on the fly or not ) and Vi stories
As a point of interest , Vi stories stands for “video intelligence stories” .
They correspond to services of a third-party that delivers contextual video stories .
Quick AdSense plugin can connect to this third-party API in order to display this kind of commercial videos , on your blog .
As long as you’ve correctly enter your credentials ( E-mail , Affiliate ID ) , in “Monetization with vi stories” section .
Ad Blocker Notify Lite
If you want to prevent Web browsers from blocking your Ads , this plugin is for you !
Indeed , if an Adblocker is active on your user’s Web browser , this add-on , written by Admiral ( and derived according to him from Brice Capobianco work ) , helps you to get around the problem , in three ways .
To be more precise , by informing your users about the problem , via a message displayed :
- in a modal box
- in a redirection page
- alternatively . That is , instead of your Ads
These methods are passive in that , in the end , Ads cannot be unlocked without the user’s action , in any case .
This application of which Vinoth06 is the author , is able to create :
- Ads categories
- an alternative text that can be shown if there is no ad , in a given category
- floating Ads while letting you decide on their display on mobile or their position
( Top , left , right or bottom position )
- Popups that display after a certain time and a number of sessions defined by you
- Ad campaigns
- statistical reports
( Knowing that the last two options are only available in the Premium version of the software )
AdPlugg WordPress Ad Plugin
This extension has been designed to facilitate the advertising management of your Website .
It requires registration with AdPlugg services to fully benefit from its features .
Once your access code received and activated , you will have to connect to AdPlugg Ad server to create and configure your Ads online .
There , among others , you will be able to :
- schedule your Ads ; that is , display them for a certain period of time
- group your Ads or assign them a position
The concrete implementation of these settings in your WordPress blog requires the activation and configuration of the “AdPlugg” widget , dedicated to this purpose .
At last , it is worth noting that this advertising solution is also GDPR compliant .
WP Advertize It
Among the main features of this plugin ( designed by Henri Benoit and Alexander Herdt ) , we can notice its ability to :
- embed Ad blocks directly in a Website theme , by using a PHP function
- embed Ad blocks in WordPress editor , by using a shortcode
- align Ad blocks to the left , to the right or center it
- disable Ads displayed before , after or in the middle of key elements of your blog
( such as titles , paragraphs or other types of content )
- disable Ad widget
- disable Ads in footer or below comments
- limit the number of ads displayed
- set the minimum amount of characters , words or paragraphs needed for inline ads
This application ( built by CodePeople ) creates , in the upper right edge of your web page , a corner that suggests an advertisement defined by you .
In other words , it excites the curiosity of the user and encourages him to “flip through” to discover the information contained in the ad .
The settings you can modify to customize your “corner” advertisement are :
- the Ad link
- the Ad image , from which you can get a smaller one called “thumbnail“
- the color of your corner Ad
This tool has also other positive aspects , since you can :
- upload an audio file that will broadcast background music or information message about the products or services you promote , for instance
( However , this option is only available in Pro version )
- restrict the display of ads to a certain period ( “schedule” option )
- set the opening and closing times of the corner
By default , in free version , your advertisement appears in the top left-hand corner of your Web page .
To place it on the Top right , you have to upgrade this plugin to Pro version .
Easy AdSense Ads – Ad Inserter & AdSense Ad Manager
This add-on made by Satish Gandham has a number of features that can be very useful .
If you are a Web designer , you will certainly appreciate the “Debug mode” option .
Indeed , it allows you to add a red border to your advertisements and thus position them more accurately .
Besides , your WordPress blog may use W3 Total cache caching plugin to make your website faster and thus improve your SEO score .
If this is the case , your users may find cached pages that are sometimes not well adapted to the device from which they access your site .
To remedy this , you can enable user agent groups creation which will cause W3 Total Cache plugin to separate cached pages depending on whether the user accesses your site ( that is , from a PC , a tablet or a phone , to be precise )
Banner Ad Creator
This add-on developed by ThemeStones has the originality of offering a wide choice of banner formats .
The different regular sizes of banners available are :
- small square : 125×125
- medium square : 200×200
- medium rectangle : 350×250
- half banner : 234×60
- banner : 468×60
- vertical banner : 120×240
- vertical rectangle : 240×400
- leaderboard : 728×90
- billboard : 728×300
- inline rectangle : 300×250
- large rectangle : 336×280
- skyscraper : 120×600
- wide skyscraper : 160×600
- extra wide skyscraper : 240×600
- half-page Ad : 300×600
- large leaderboard : 970×90
The different sizes of social media banners available are :
- Facebook cover : 828×315
- Facebook post : 1200×630
- Facebook Ad : 600×315
- Twitter post : 1024×512
- Twitter cover : 1500×500
- Instagram post : 1080×1080
- Instagram Ad : 1200×628
- Pinterest post : 600×1200
- LinkedIn cover : 1400×425
- Google+ cover : 1080×608
- Snapchat post : 1080×1920
CM Pop-Up banners for WordPress
This application ( made by CreativeMindsSolutions ) enables you to promote your products or services , on your WordPress blog , by means of three Ad formats .
- Popup format
- “Fly-in bottom” format
- “Full screen” format
( knowing that the two last ones are only available in the commercial version of this software )
You can customize each type of ad by setting up :
- its width
- its height
- its background color
- its shape . That is , whether its edges are rounded or sharp
- its underlay style ( you can opt for a dark or a light underlay )
- a minimum screen width for displaying your banners
- how the banner content is centered ( horizontally or vertically )
- whether your banner must be shown on all pages of your WordPress blog or just on some
First , to take full advantage of the benefits offered by this plugin ( built by The Moneytizer ) , you must register online , on their platform of the same name .
Your site is then analyzed by The Moneytizer team to ensure that it meets the requirements for the integration of their ads .
If it is approved , you will receive an access code ( called “Moneytizer ID” ) to their Ad management interface , which lets you create and configure your advertisements , within the add-on itself .
It is worth noting that this dashboard offers a wide variety of Ad formats ranging from Slide-in to Megabanner , including skyscraper , popup , billboard and skin formats .
Embed Google AdWords Codes on WooCommerce
This application ( designed by StoreYa ) provides your website with a functionality , both original and useful ; the ability to tag your blog for remarketing .
By doing this , people who have visited your site will have the opportunity to continue to see your ads on other sites they visit , as long as these websites also display ads from the Google network .
Which multiplies the chances that people buy products highlighted by your advertisements .
Besides , through this add-on , you can enter “Google Search Console” code ( also called “Google webmaster tools” code ) and thus , access to services that let you :
- send sitemaps to Google search engine
- check which pages have been indexed by Google but also detect which errors could not allow their indexation
- monitor your website performance . That is , over a given period , number of clicks and impressions , CTR and position , among others
- number of backlinks , which is a kind of popularity indicator for your site
At last , on the top of that , you can also enter an AdWords conversion tracking code .
It gives you the ability to analyze and therefore better understand how your ads affect the behavior of those who visit your blog .
Do they buy your products ? do they seek to contact your customer support ?
All this information will help you refine your AdWords ad campaign and improve Return on investment ( ROI ) .
Ads for WP – Advanced Ads & AdSense Solution for WP & AMP
This extension ( created by Magazine3 ) makes it possible for you to :
- deliver in-content Ads .
Unlike “sidebar Ads” , you can insert them directly into the content of your pages or posts , for example .
Which increases their visibility .
- deliver background Ads ( also called skin Ads ) .
They allow you to make the most of the advertising space available on your website .
Indeed , They merge into the background of your blog while remaining clickable .
- create image Ads .
In other words , banners
- display advertisements or Ad groups , only if certain conditions are met ; category , post format , page template , type of page or post , taxonomy term , product , whether user is logged or not and so on …
- limit the display of an advertising campaign to some days of the week ( Monday , Thursday , etc …) or a given period
- connect to a service that geolocates IP addresses
- collect data from some advertising plugins ( like Ad inserter or AMP for WP Advanced Ads )
At last , you can insert an Ad or an Ad group , in several ways :
- with a shortcode
- with a custom code
This tool ( built by LAMP solutions GmbH ) contains a range of options that can be very practical in terms of advertising management .
First , it is worth noting that upgrading to Premium version lets you access some interesting features .
Indeed , it makes it possible for you to :
- deliver global Ads .
If you have other WordPress blogs with this plugin , you can somehow synchronize their ads and thus apply a consistent advertising strategy ,
on all of your websites
( However , this feature is only available in Premium version )
- analyze how your sites visitors react to these ads ( in terms of ad impressions , clicks , CTR , for example ) , through statistical reports
- adapt the advertising message to the type of connection of your visitors
( eg : WIFI or WAP connection , as for mobile users )
- bypass Adblocker restrictions
However , the free version of this software has equally interesting features .
In particular , it gives you the means to :
- display offers depending on visitor’s country ( by using a Geolocation service ) or visitor’s access device ( desktop , tablet or smartphone )
- create banner Ads , HTML Ads or popup Ads ( Modal popups or Window popups )
- manage the display frequency of a given HTML or banner Ad
- delay the display of banner Ads and set up their cookie lifetime
- create floating Ads ( floating banners , to be precise )
- make the placement of Ads easier , thanks to shortcodes and widgets
WP Ad Guru – Banner ad , Responsive popup , Popup maker , Ad rotator & More
Designed by oneTarek to make your life easier with ad management , this extension has a number of key features .
Indeed , it gives you the opportunity to :
- add banners containing either
- a HTML code
- a clickable image
- an iFrame , which displays or not a scrollbar
- a shortcode , inserted through a WYSIWYG editor
- create zones :
Put another way , you can define different types of Ads
( skyscraper , rectangle , billboard , custom type and so on … )
- set each banner to a zone :
In other words , assign a type to your banner .
As shown in the screenshot below , this add-on lets you customize your set of banners by
- defining in which countries it is displayed
( provided that geolocation feature is activated )
- grouping banners , in a sort of container called “slide”
From the point of view of your blog visitors , all these “slides” will appear as a carousel whose ads follow each 5 seconds
- clicking “Add new slide” button to create as many slides as you want
- assigning ads to a given slide …
- … as long as they are of the same type as the current zone
- equitably distributing the number of times the ads can appear .
And this , by …
- … clicking on the “Equal” button
- removing ads that you deem unnecessary
- By default , with this plugin , banners are set for all pages of your blog .
But you can extend that to other types of pages , like :
- single pages
- 404 error pages
- “search results” pages
- archive pages containing a taxonomy or an author profile
Even if you start in advertising management .
Even if you have a limited Communication budget .
Even if you do not have a lot of time to spend looking for ad plugins on the Web .
You can set up a customizable , adaptive and powerful advertising management system ,
from the list of WordPress plugins that I propose .
Have you tested any of the plugins described in the list ?
Do you know of other plugins dedicated to advertising management ?