Technology can be seen as a set of techniques , skills or tools designed to make human work easier , more cost-effective , more productive .
Unfortunately , poorly controlled , used inappropriately , under or overvalued , it can very quickly turn against human beings or cause a number of drifts .
Indeed , it can become :
- an addiction , if certain limits ( duration and frequency of use, for example ) are not fixed
- invasive , in the proper sense ( in terms of space of use , for example ) as figuratively ( in terms of family life , in particular )
- an ecological issue ( Pollution )
- an economic stake ( Economic war )
- a political issue ( political destabilization , espionage , power relationships )
- a social issue ( Redundancies or reductions in recruitment , following the replacement of staff by machines )
The sublimation print on this coffee mug clearly recalls this “dark side” of Technology .
One distinguishes the dark blue ( almost mysterious ) profile of a woman .
Her hair ends in electronic circuits and her forehead appears to be burning . As if , in the end , it was symbolically in touch with Technology .
All on a black background in which this dark face tries in vain to hide .
While drinking your coffee , you may be thinking about these potential technological drifts .
In any case , it is better to be aware that they exist , is it not ?
And get the day off to a good start !